Classic Quotes I love:
1. He didn't Study God, He was Dazzled by him- Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (Emphasis/Italics added)
2. "What we dread most," said the priest in a low voice, "is a maze with no centre. That is why atheism is only a nightmare."- The Wisdom of Father Brown, (a mystery) by G. K. Chesterton
3. "It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes- by A. Conan Doyle
4. Life is like some crazy machine that is always going either too slow or too fast. From the cradle to the grave we alternate between the Sargasso Sea and the rapids-- forever either becalmed or storm-tossed.
A Damsel in Distress- by P.G. Wodehouse
5. (one of my absolute favorites) "I do see your point of view. But dimly. You see, my own takes up such a lot of the foreground."- A Damsel in Distress- by P.G. Wodehouse
6. "It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes- by A. Conan Doyle
7. No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.- The Scarlet Letter- by Nathaniel Hawthorne
8. "Why, dash it," I said, astounded, "you must know it is. Use your intelligence, Jeeves. Reflect what proposing means. It means that a decent, self-respecting chap has got to listen to himself saying things which, if spoken on the silver screen, would cause him to dash to the box-office and demand his money back."- Right HO, Jeeves- by P.G. Wodehouse
9. "I'm not absolutely certain of my facts, but I rather fancy it's Shakespeare-- or if not, it's some equally brainy lad-- who says that it's always just when a chappie is particularly top-hole, and more than usually braced with things in general that Fate sneaks up behind him with a bit of lead piping.- My Man Jeeves- by P.G. Wodehouse (Did anyone else just conjure up a image of Clue ?) (lead piping.....)
10. "It is a truth universally acknowledged,that a single man in posession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife"- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
And I know there are hundreds more wonderful book quotes out there, that is why I am asking you to leave your favorite quote (from a book) in any comments.
Thank you for reading,
Esther
No comments:
Post a Comment