Dear Summer,
I love you, I hate the feeling you give me. The super-lazy, un-focused, slothful feeling. You make me remember that annoying verse in Proverbs- "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise" and then "How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? [Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man."
I once read that before going to bed. I woke up for some weird reason at 6:30 the next morning. I wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep, but this verse kept running through my head so I couldn't. I got up and made Breakfast than started working on School. I hated every second. You give me THAT feeling.
You also make my feet itch. They have a tendency to do that when you KNOW there is something you should be doing, but can't remember what, and really don't care. Except than I DO care, and it bugs me.
Everyone tells me summer should be a time to relax. But than I think of all the wasted time and wonder what I could do with it to make it worthwhile. SO I write lists of summer projects. And then I don't finish them, actually I don't even start at them. And than I'm mad at myself, and you make me start off autumn all cross and discombobulated.
Cordially,
Esther
Does anyone else have that problem with Summer?
yes, yes I do. :P
ReplyDelete~Fidelia