What I learned this Week...
In School:
1. To explain the outward signs of Newtons Third law in association with a pole vaulter and the cushion he lands on, one should not say that the sign of the cushion's force on the man is "how the vaulter bounces when he hits the cushion." True as it may be, I mean, have you ever seen someone jump on a cushion?- For those who haven't- they bounce- The correct answer actually is that the cushion absorbs the pole vaulter's force.
2. If all I had to do in Physics was extremely complicated algebra, I would be just fine. I mean, almost anybody can plug in units to equations. It's the concepts behind the whole thing I don't get.
3. Make sure your teacher notices the fact that you're new. This becomes important when she doesn't realize that she has a study guide she needs to give you for a soon-to-come test.
4. Economics is only painful because the people who write the textbooks automatically assume you disagree with them and feel obligated to explain in depth their reasoning, as well as make you answer thousands of questions on the same principle.
5. The more economics I do, the more I realize how much I dislike almost all of it.
Things I learned at home:
1. I'm not perfect ( a lesson I wouldn't have to keep learning if I didn't keep forgetting)
2. I have no real right to feel sorry for myself ( again, a lesson I re-learn quite frequently)
3. My emotions remind me of a figure-8 roller coaster, no matter how hard I try (or don't try) I keep coming back to the same thing.
4. Good Friends are priceless, you know who you are
5. Letting go is a lot harder than it sounds
Things I learned about God:
1. He never leaves me or forsakes me
2. His love never runs out, neither does his forgiveness
3. When I think I ran away from him, He's always right there
4. He knows all my faults, all my imperfections, and he loves me anyway
5. He loves it when I tell him everything, even if he's heard it all before
Things I learned at church:
1. The reason a church has three donut stations is so you can grab the accepted amount of donuts (2, if you are lacking in donut-etiquette knowledge) from each stand, and end up with 6 without looking like a pig. In my defense, they were donut-holes not actual donuts.
2. Being tempted is not evil, even Christ was tempted. It's the giving in to the temptation that is.
3. Isolation is bad, we need people around us who know what we're going through and help us through it.
Things I learned Randomly:
1. For some reason, people like to introduce themselves DURING class
2. Talking on the phone in a coffee shop is apparently frowned upon, or at least draws curious glances. The same does not apply to actually talking to someone who is there with you.
3. Do not read Mystery stories right before bed, especially if you do not have a night-light. (again, a lesson I keep learning, but that doesn't stop me from doing it.)
4. Even though I know that worrying and being nervous about something doesn't help, and in fact, makes it worse and even though I know that 99% of the time I have nothing to be worried about, I worry anyway.
And that's about it for my brief summary of things I learned this week. I hope to continue doing this every weekend, but for now, if you comment, leave one thing YOU learned this week.
Thank You for Reading,
Esther
Interesting.
ReplyDelete1 thing I learned:
that you shouldn't watch NCIS before bed without reading something happy right afterwards:)
-poohbear:D
PoohBear,
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I used to think that but, it doesn't bother me anymore.
Esther,
Awesome post bff, YSF!
~Fidelia~
Fidelia,
DeleteWell, it realy depends on the episode:)Once I got a nightmear afterwards, but then the next time I didn't so I just like to be carefull.
~Poohbear~